"If only there were evil people somewhere, insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
The Light Dark Institute is dedicated to expanding and enriching the range of human experience by helping people fall in love with the parts of themselves and the world around them which they have previously disapproved of or rejected.
So many of life’s challenges arise from the ways that we give our power away or are unable to trust others or ourselves as a result of past traumas. We hide, dismiss, or reject parts of ourselves that feel too dangerous, too vulnerable, or that we fear won’t be received. But what if you could reclaim the very parts of yourself that you’ve been taught to condemn? How would that reshape the way you see yourself, others, and the world?
This workshop is for those who want to live from the perspective that nothing is fundamentally wrong with anything in existence, that everything - the light, the dark, the beauty, the pain - is perfect just as it is. This is for people who have an understanding of reality beyond dualistic paradigms and are looking for ways to apply this wisdom to their own shadow sides and the darkness of the world around them. Embracing the Darkness is a deep dive into saturating each aspect of your life with radical acceptance, so you can experience the freedom, power, and intimacy of living with nothing held back.
Embracing the Darkness is taught by the founders of the Light Dark Institute, Tani Thole and Leslie Rogers, whose teachings are sought after around the world by those with a desire to awaken their ability to be a full “yes” to everything that is, no matter what it looks like. Their work allows participants to move through even the most challenging aspects of themselves and reality with a deep sense of safety, curiosity, playfulness, and approval. Embracing the Darkness offers practical tools for those ready to honor the unspoken parts of themselves and break free from societal conditioning that tells us that in order to be good people, we must repress our darkest thoughts and desires.
Explorations for this workshop will include:
- Effectively and immediately revolutionizing your relationship to your deepest wounds and the shame, fear, and self-doubt surrounding them
- Building a playful relationship with your inner critic
- Learning how to turn pain into pleasure on a visceral level
- Exploring power dynamics to claim your authentic desires and boundaries
- Identifying and communicating your honest yes and no
- Falling in love with your inner sadist and masochist
- Transforming humiliation into freedom
- Bringing a sense of play and discovery into spots where you feel tight and fearful
- Exploring transformational BDSM on psychological, energetic, and physical planes
- Facing your dark, cruel, and violent urges in a deeply safe and supportive environment
- Learning how to radically reframe everything you normally think of as “bad” or “wrong” in yourself and others, and find out what’s really awesome about it!
Learn to revere your darkness and light in equal measure. Access the power and intimacy that emerges when you incorporate radical acceptance for yourself and the world into every aspect of your life. Come alive with play and pleasure, fall in love with everything you’ve feared, and experience new levels of freedom as you cross the threshold into truly Embracing the Darkness.
July 14-16, 2017
4920 Telegraph Ave
Early registration: $460
through July 1
Space is limited to
keep this workshop
small and intimate